move to galena park tx

Why You Should Move to Galena Park, TX

Galena Park is an excellent town for families looking for a place to put down some roots. It’s located just outside Houston, making it perfect for commuters. And it offers a great mix of small-town charm and big-city amenities. If you’re considering moving, we’ve compiled a guide for everything you need to know about a move to Galena Park, TX.

Is Galena Park Safe?

According to Neighborhood Scout, Galena Park has a crime index of 42, meaning that this city is safer than 42 percent of US cities. The rate of crime in Galena Park is 15 per 1,000 residents, 86 percent of which are property offenses with the remaining 14 percent being violent offenses. With a population of over 10,000, this crime rate is lower than approximately 47 percent of Texas communities. So Galena Park ranks as average in safety for all districts of all sizes in America. Compared to other Texas communities of a similar size as Galena Park, Galena Park is relatively safer.

What is Galena Park Known For?

For almost a century, the settlement of Galena Park was known as Clinton. The name was later changed to Galena Park in 1928 when the U.S Post Office denied the town a post office because another post office with the name Clinton already existed in Texas. The name Galena Park came from the Galena-Signal Oil Company, the town’s leading industry then.

Galena Park is historically notable as the location of the Batterson Home. Isaac Batterson is the founder of Galena Park. In 1835, Batterson purchased and settled the first section of land that would become later known as Galena Park. During the Texas Revolution in 1836, General Sam Houston and his soldiers assembled rafts from the floorboards of Isaac Batterson’s house to cross the flooded Buffalo Bayou. After crossing the bayou in makeshift Batterson-made rafts, Houston defeated General Santa Anna at the Battle of San Jacinto to win Texas independence.

Is Galena Park A Good Place to Live?

Galena Park is a wonderful place to live for several reasons. First, the town features a diverse population. This diversity brings a richness of culture and experience to the community. Second, the Galena Park school district ranks above average in the state of Texas. This is an important consideration for families with school-age children. Third, most Galena residents own their homes. This stability contributes to the close-knit nature of the community. Finally, the housing market in Galena Park is affordable for young families. This makes it an attractive option for those just starting to get their feet under them. Overall, Galena Park is a great place to live and raise a family.

What to Do in Galena Park?

Galena Park has plenty of fun and exciting things to do. For starters, the town’s proximity to Houston gives residents convenient access to some of the most popular attractions and landmarks in all of Texas. Galena Park residents are a short nine-mile trip from the marvels of Houston’s Museum District, with nineteen interesting and entertaining museums in the area. Galena Park is also located near Webster, the home of the Houston Space Center. Apart from that, Galena Park is overflowing with beautiful parks, delicious restaurants, and exciting bars. There are plenty of attractions to keep you entertained in Galena Park.


If you’re looking for a suburban community that has it all, look no further than Galena Park. With its excellent schools, safe neighborhoods, and variety of activities and amenities, Galena Park is the perfect place to put down some roots. So what are you waiting for? Move to Galena Park today!

Similar Posts


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *