Everything to Know About a Move to Jacinto City, TX

Are you considering a move to Jacinto City, TX? If so, you’ll want to read this guide first! In it, we’ll cover everything from the cost of living and housing to job opportunities and schools. So, whether you’re just starting your research or are ready to take the plunge, keep reading for all the info you need.

Is Jacinto City Safe?

According to Neighborhood Scout, Jacinto City has a crime index of 11 out of 100. This means that Jacinto City is less safe than almost 90 percent of all US cities, regardless of population size. To further contextualize that crime index of 11, Jacinto City has a crime rate of 34 crimes per 1000 residents. 5 percent of those crimes are violent offenses, and the remaining 95 percent of those crimes are property offenses.

Jacinto City has a population of 10,000. Compared to similarly-sized Texas towns, the violent crime rate of Jacinto City is average, and the property crime rate is considerably higher. An important note, most crimes in Jacinto City are committed within the northwest outskirts of the town, away from the most prominent neighborhoods and communities in the center of the city.

What is Jacinto City Known For?

Founded in the 1940s as an industrial community, Jacinto City is a bedroom community for Houston. Most of the original population were industrial workers for war-time plants, steel mills, and shipyards. The state of Texas incorporated the town in 1947, and the city hall opened in the 1950s.

Is Jacinto City a Good Place to Live?

Jacinto City is the perfect place for anyone looking for a low-cost, peaceful, and family-friendly community. The town provides a healthy environment to raise a family with tight-knit suburban neighborhoods and an above-average school district; in fact, Jacinto City residents have not just one but two top-tier school districts to choose from: the Houston Independent School District on one side and the Galena Park Independent School District on the other side.

Jacinto City has a fairly limited job market for young professionals. Most residents work in the manufacturing and service industries. So the town’s median household income of $32,000 is low compared to the US’s median household income of $57,000. And the projected job market growth is about average.

But it’s also super affordable to establish roots here. According to BestPlaces, which represents the average cost of living in the US with a score of 100, Jacinto City has a cost of living score of 86.7, compared to Texas’ already low score of 93.9. To that point, the Jacinto City housing market is very accessible and consumer-friendly to new homeowners. The median home cost in Jacinto City is roughly $145,000, while the median home cost in Texas is approximately $243,000.

What to Do in Jacinto City?

Jacinto City is a wonderful place to call home, with plenty of fun and exciting things to do. With beautiful parks and a community pool, this small city has everything you need to stay active. Whether it’s a rejuvenating jog or a relaxing swim, Jacinto City has top-notch outdoor recreation all year long. What’s more, Jacinto City is conveniently located just minutes away from Houston’s best attractions. From world-class museums to incredible shopping and dining options, there is truly something for everyone in Houston’s bustling downtown area.


If you’re looking for an active, friendly community where you can make unforgettable memories, look no further than Jacinto City.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *